Parallel session 9B: Long-term adaptation planning and transformation (WRI)
Moderator: Rebecca Carter (WRI)
Synopsis: Discuss the concept of transformative adaptation in agriculture and ideas for how the process to formulate and implement NAPs and NAP-Ag guidelines can help countries identify situations when transformative adaptation may be needed and how to begin planning for it.
- Introduction to session, speakers and objectives. Participants to introduce themselves, offer their prediction of what agriculture will look like in their country in the future
- Challenges in agriculture/crop production that will likely arise in the medium to long timeframes: views from different regions
- Expert view from FAO or CCAFS on the need for transformative pathways for adapting crop production in the medium- and long-term
- Presentation from WRI on Transforming Agriculture for Climate Resilience Project, focusing on how agricultural transformation can be addressed
- Discussions and conclusion.